Wednesday 7 May 2008

The City Boy date

'My date with the arrogant twat' is what it should be called.

I don't know if its because I'm quite laid back and like to have a laugh, that I wanted to throw things at his head. Constantly. But instantly, I didn't like the way he carried himself. I know that's really picky, but he swung himself around like he was in fact creator of the world.

I was right, the 'pretty boy' date repeated itself on me. I knew this guy from years ago, and I thought it would benefit me for this project to get in touch for a drink. Now I realise exactly why we haven't spoken for a very long time.

We went to a really really nice( which means expensive ) bar where, it was nearly £7 just for a coke....sorry?! Started chatting. For some reason just because he had done me a favour meant I owed him 'BIG TIME' (that's all he kept saying).

He was talking about himself and his boringly high paid job to such an extent that I actually started singing a little song in my head. Just to try and take the pain away. I'm in London, on my own, with an absolute cock. Brilliant.

He did pay for the drinks, I eventually started drinking to try and loosen up a bit, but maybe this wasn't the best idea. I told him I thought he was a twat and can he at least try to have a conversation as if I was here, not one he'd have with his reflection. No wonder you havnt got a girlfriend I said. He didn't enjoy this. But this comment was not at all in jest.

Anyway, he said he had 'dated' (slept with) allot of women from his finance office. One of which is married to a top barrister. Great I thought, the joys of working in London....

This really put me off him, he was so smug about it, he looked like he deserved some sort of award. I was not impressed, and told him this. It was like I was from another planet?

I asked if his friends were the same, and he told me that they have competitions and ACTUAL drawn charts of women they have bedded. How old are you? I thought this was for uni kids and losers, not a 'high class' well respected young man working in a top job in London!

In three words he summed himself up as 'top class totty'. Yeah right.

I had no respect for him, he had no respect for me. I wasn't prepared to be put on the 'sex chart' (even though he does live in a nice flat with a balcony) I went home, pretty drunk and feeling rather shit.

No comments: