Wednesday 7 May 2008

The Sk@ter boy date..

This type of guy comes in various forms as I found out, the particular skater I met was arty who did allot of graffiti art (move over Banksy). But he was telling me allot of friends literally don't do anything else other than skate 'it is their life, they get up, they get dressed and they take their boards out!'

My skater was wearing some massive 'Ethnies' trainers and same brand top, with some very baggy denim shorts and a bobble hat...which he announced he had claimed from a wall .
Very good looking and very polite. He was a funny guy too, but he got quite a serious when we were talking about the ladies...

'I've had one girlfriend for 3 years but we decided to move on. I gave her everything she wanted but apparently I'm too selfish!?'

I asked him what he had done to make her say that, and he admitted that his art and his skating are his life. He likes having a girlfriend but cant spend every hour of the day with them.
That's fair enough isn't it? At least he's honest.
For his first date, he would take someone to a gig, or to the skate park, 'just to show them what its like and see how interested they are in it. ' Which I reckon is good idea, if you are passionate about something it is important to share that isn't it?

It seemed like we had to have certain things in common for him to even want to talk to me, I think this was because of his 'fashion sense'. I felt a bit awkward as I didn't really know what to say, he wasn't making any effort and as I was a 'skater boy' virgin I decided a short date was better than no date.... I asked him to sum himself up in three words. He said 'An energetic fox'.
He said he lives like a fox?!? What does that mean, he doesn't wash, and lives out of bins??? Sounds about right.

Brilliant.

No comments: