Thursday 8 May 2008

Encounter with the Indie Boy....

So for my final date, I met up with a self confessed 'wannabe famous' indie kid. He loves his title I'll tell you that!

He was casually dressed in dark skinny jeans and a green fitted t-shirt with crazy but well groomed hair, and wore black glasses which seemed to finish off his stylish attire.

An extremely good looking guy who obviously spent more time grooming himself than any girl you'll ever meet, no wonder he wanted to meet up in the evening...

He said he'd take me to a local but stylish bar/club where him and his band sometimes play. He said I can look him up on 'myspace'. As a singer, I didn't expect any less than what I got. Although he was nice, he was obviously a bit of ladies man. Or a sleaze. Either way!

He said he cant have a permanent girlfriend because when he tours with his band supporting other unsigned artists its hard to keep in touch, and apparently 'they get sick of me never calling them' really?!?

He did seem a bit pompous and liked to brag about his bands success, which I thought was fair enough, I'll give him that.

I didn't mind him telling me about the band because I was actually interested in it, what I was also interested in was the amount of people he had slept with. This guy is 22 and hes claimed to have slept with nearly 40 women in the last three years. WHAT? I know hes good looking, I thought, but how do you even manage that?!

He said 'I swear I'm not a sleazy guy, but when you've done a gig, you're buzzing, you party and you have sex with a random-er...its just my way of life I suppose!'

Despite this blasé attitude towards sex, He seemed to be respectful and actually knew how to have a conversation...and it was interesting conversation. He wasn't the least bit shy and always asked questions. I had fun, he bought the drinks( I did offer I promise) and the time flew quickly, which is a good sign you're having fun!

In three words he described himself 'fun fun fun!'

He did have the vain-ness of a pretty boy, but not the attitude. Definitely a winner for the indie guy. And in all fairness...he was just seeping with damn straight coolness.

No comments: