Friday 2 May 2008

Date number one:The Geezer

Ok, just got back from my first 'date' with a sterotypical 'lad'. It was officially awesome.
We went to a nice little bar, he paid for the drinks (and im not drunk) and he was such a laugh.

Very different from what i'd expect him to be. I thought we'd end up at his local surrounded by his 'thuggish' mates who threw glasses at eachother for fun...but we ended up in quite a respectable little bar. Nice one.

He is a 29 year old builder covered in tattoos, and when I wanted to pay for a drink he said 'no fucking way im paying.' How polite you're thinking? But generous...so I'll let him off.
I was grilling him a bit, as obviously I was on the 'date' to find out how he treats the ladies, but still he was honest (which is rare...or maybe im just gullible?)

Anyway he was saying he's got 'old school' morals when it comes to dating women, and that 'if a bird wants sex on the first date, im not gonna have as much respect for her' but then went on to say he wouldnt stop her if she wanted it. Which defeats the point really doesnt it?!

He said he would only kiss on the first date, and switched his phone off so none of his mates could bug him. (It didnt stop me from answering mine though...NEVER thought I'd say this, but I felt a bit rude...infront if a man I stereotyped to be so brutal!)

He came across to be quite respectful towards women, apart from calling them 'birds' and swearing mid sentence, instead of a normal person saying 'eeeerm' it was 'fucking hell'.
He said he looks for 'having a laugh' with a women, 'they've got to be like one of your mates, but someone you find physically attractive'.. Apparently being a 'fit bird' doesnt mean you can hold a conversation. Dont we assume its the same with men?

In three words i asked him to descibe himself, he announced 'An absoloute c*nt.'
Classic.

He was a top bloke though and I thoroughly enjoyed our 'date' he was definatly unexpected and I would go on a second date with my 'Geezer'.

No comments: