Thursday 8 May 2008

The conclusion!


Linking back to my intro, the mission of finding the 'perfect man' has conjured up some similarities between the stereotypes and how they treat women, and some untrue stereotypical judgements...

I'll give you a summery of my wacky week:


  1. My first date, the 'Geezer' was probably my favourite. The dress sense was probably the only thing that fit him into the stereotypical 'geezer'. Everything else came as a shock, I didn't expect him to be such a laugh and respectable. I'd definitely recommend this type of guy. 9/10


  2. Second date, The pretty boy. I think we can safely say I wasted an hour of my life. He was arrogant, pompous and self indulged 100%. Would not recommend. He totally fit the bill of a stereotypical 'pretty boy. twat. 1/10 (just because he didn't smell)


  3. The chav. Unexpected, fun, bought the drinks and not arrogant or aggressive in the slightest. Seemed quite honourable towards women, definitely knows how to treat a girl. His image fit the bill, but his personality was way off the stereotyped 'nasty thug'. 6/10 (I didn't like the outfit!)


  4. Geek. He was sweet, definitely fit the stereotype. I think this type of guy is hugely under judged and I think us girls should think twice before laying someone off because of their appearance, especially when it comes to 'geeks'. 6/10


  5. The Funny guy. Up there in my top three guys, definitely. I also think we miss-judge this type of guy, no matter how cute they are, we don't read between the lines enough and never know when they are being serious. Hopefully they know it too so they can bag a bird (they deserve it!) He did fit the stereotype, but I didn't expect him to have an emotional side at all! 8/10


  6. The city boy. Hated every second. I cant speak for them all, but I can say, if you just want sex in a nice hotel and three course meal go for it. They WILL sleep with you. I also established they have competitions with their mates like small children. Don't do it. Another twat, up there with the pretty boy. 2/10


  7. The skater boy. This was a weird date, I didn't really know what to expect. He was nice and I can definitely see the attraction for someone that is interested in the same thing. He did fit the stereotype, but I didn't think he would be as shy as he was. Quite the romantic really. 6/10


  8. EMO. Well it wasn't a date, but these guys are generally good looking, and any girl that finds 25 inch waists attractive on a guy then go for it. I however, don't. They seem to just be sadder than normal teenage guys, but still just want to get laid. 6/10 for anyone that cares.


  9. The heavy metal guy. Very unexpected. I didn't think he would even want to talk to me, but it turned out fine and I realised that there is definitely a heart under all them chains somewhere, you just have to be the right girl to find it...if you want to that is! very funny guy and can hold a conversation. 7/1o


  10. Last, but definitely not least. The indie kid. I think I fell in love at first sight. It may have been the outfit, or the fact hes in a band, but now i can understand why he had slept with so many women! This boy can charm and knew how to use it. He was fun to be with and interesting to talk to. He reminded me a bit of the pretty boy, but he wasn't as ignorant. I would recommend...but only for a fling. 8/10

So basically, over the past week I have realised that no matter what dress sense guys have, they all have a good idea how to treat a lady, they all paid, or would have paid if they could.


Their fashion did reflect their lifestyles allot, like they had to act a certain way because that's what category they have chosen to be in, but then some of them didn't act like their stereotype, they just looked it. So its the old 'Don't judge a book' saying.


Also the age I think was a large factor. All young lads want to get laid. Fact. SO that's probably why my 'geezer' didn't really show much interest in the subject, as he was 29 and a bit more mature.


They all attracted girls which were interested in their stereotype, it made me think doesn't this limit the girls they date? for example, My city boy only sleeping with ladies 'from the office' and the pretty boy always 'pulling at clubs' etc. It made me realise that guys also need to look beyond the stereotype as well, and read between the lines a little bit...


Basically girls, what I'm saying is, Just because someone dresses differently to you doesn't mean they are weird or going to suck your blood. They wont. So next time you want to get with a guy but worried what you're friends might say because he dresses differently to you..who cares! Go for it.

2 comments:

Eoin Mason said...

I'm a young lad...and I don't want to get laid.

I expect the world to end right about...now. ;D

Unknown said...

That must have been the funnest experiance that u ever had... jerks aside, honestly, how much fun was that research? I should this blog to a couple friends they thot it was great!! good job! wish I would have thot of something like that!