Sunday 4 May 2008

Date number three: The Chav

'Do you mind if my mates come?'
This was the first thing he asked me when I asked him if he fancied a drink. Classic.
After my second date with the pretty boy, I decided the more the merrier...at least i would have a chance to have some kind of conversation.

He was wearing a polo-shirt...I think it was 'YSL' of course, he had the collar up, no cap but his french cropped hair was so caked in gel I couldn't work out if he had light or dark hair?

The bulldog tattoo on his arm with 'ENGLAND' underneath would surely put him straight to the top of the 'chav-o-meter'. But this wasn't just it. The attire wasn't complete without the amount of gold attached to his fingers..in the form of the famous sovereigns.
I was amazed how much he would stand out in front of my group of friends...but I was the one that stood out with his bunch of mates.

This would put anyone off, surely? A night out with a group of self proclaimed 'wrong-ens'. But it turned out to be a very entertaining evening.

My chav date was nicer than expected. He was respectable towards me and other women, obviously with the odd 'shes fit' and 'look at those guns' but apart from that, he paid for most of the drinks and didn't leave my side. He was very shy during the first part of the evening, until the alcohol started flowing (Stella...I'm not joking). I also took this approach.

It was very intimidating being with a group like that, but I preferred going on a 'group' date, rather than one-to-one as firstly, I could hide how drunk I was, and secondly, I got to see his real character.

He works as a laborer with a building firm, and lives with his mum and brother in a council flat. He is 23 and drives a 'beat up corsa' and has had 2 serious relationships. He said he wouldn't have kids with anyone until he he was sure it was permanent. I respected him allot for this, from the 'stereotype' chav, this isn't always the case.
When i asked him to describe himself in three words he said: 'I'm a laugh'. Which was good enough for me!

This date opened my eyes to a 'type' of man that can certainly be mistaken because of his appearance. He was funny, respectable and paid for the (large amount of) drinks. This was enough for me to decide I would definitely give a 'chav' another chance.

No comments: